Diabetes Life Cover
How does diabetes affect you?
There are two types of diabetes. Type 1 and Type 2, and there are many distinctions between the two types.
The sufferer’s pancreas is unable to produce insulin. Insulin is a vital hormone that controls the sugar (glucose) levels in your blood. Without this insulin. The glucose levels build up. Not converting to energy. The cause is unknown. Type 1 is often diagnosed in childhood.
To control type 1 insulin injections need to be administered daily. Depending on the condition and severity, a doctor will recommend how often the insulin injections need to be taken and at what times.
Because type 1 diabetes often occurs so early and is a result of the pancreas failing to produce insulin. It is not linked to having excess body weight or high levels of cholesterol.
Type 2 diabetes often diagnosed later on in life. Usually in people aged 30 or over. In combination with high blood pressure and/or high cholesterol levels. There are other factors, such as genes or miscommunication between the cells in your body.
However, the pancreas in type 2 diabetes sufferers can produce insulin. The cells don’t use it as effectively as people without diabetes. They do not get insulin. They receive medication to help control the disease and improve the use of insulin.
In some cases, people with type 2 diabetes can ease off the use of medication if they can follow a strict and controlled diet as advised by their doctor.
Life cover can pay out a lump sum to you or your dependents:
- If diagnosed with a terminal illness meaning you have less than 12 months to live, or
- if you die within the term of the plan. You can choose how long you want your life cover (the term) and the amount you’d like to insure.
How to improve your chances of getting life cover with diabetes.
- Ask your doctor to provide an assessment of your condition currently
- Prepare recent blood sugar level HbA1c readings
- List the ways you control your diabetes. Through regular exercise, meal plans etc.
- Provide correct and accurate information about yourself and your condition
- Use an independent financial adviser.
We can Help
With access to the whole off-market life cover for diabetics. We can research and come up with the most competitive and pertinent life cover for you. Contact us.